Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22, 2012

Just wanted to capture an observation. While knitting the skirt, I kept loosing track of my place. I have spent too much time tinking and decided to use the moveable markers (used in crocheting) to mark each of the three cables needing to be knit each time. Well, that worked for a while but then I still kept forgetting if I had completed three cables or not. So I colored coded the markers to help me know exactly where I was at any given time. The blue marker represented the first cable of the pattern because my firstborn is a son. The second marker is white because it is not pink, which is the last marker representing the last cable of the three because my third and last child was a daughter. Seems silly but finally it works. No matter where I stop when I put my work down, I can now easily discern right where to begin knitting again. Whew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment