Monday, April 16, 2012

Change Again

I have stopped working for the Cafe. It became necessary due to Steve's schedule and the desire to work what is best for my marriage. End of story.

I just finished the linen sweater knitted from the top-down - Cria - Ysolda Teague's design. It finished just fine. I did fine through all the new techniques. I did not especially like the way the inset pockets were seam finished. I couldn't quite see a better way to finish the part where the two edges were sewn and the join at the corners to prevent holes. But I did what was explained and it does seem to look okay. Will see how it wears.

I also finished the scarf - The Sling - that my knitting group decided to do as a group project.

 
Now I am starting to knit on my design projects again. I want to continue the skirt as planned. I knit four rows of the pattern when I discovered that my stitch count seemed to be off. So I un-knit the four rows and began again after re-configuring the pattern stitches. But then I discovered that my calculations were correct and so I un-knit the same four rows again. This time I paid special attention to the beginning of the first and third rows, which got the pattern stitch started. Voila! The pattern was correct and progress is now being made. Hooray!

 I am already planning the next project but it won't be one that I am designing. I have a shawl that I want to make with yarn already purchased. And I am still completing the poncho drape that will be knitted while I sit with my knitting group on Thursday. I will work on the new shawl while knitting with my group on Tuesday. The design projects (the top and the skirt) will be knitted the rest of the time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment