Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28th 2012

After finishing the Twigs and Bobbles Shell I decided to knit an A-Line coat designed by Debbie Bliss. I purchased the yarn last year and just found the time to start and finish the project. I didn't especially like the yarn (Debbie Bliss)because there were bits of plant fibers spun with the wool and angora. It is a blue twead and the coat knit lovely with it however. I will insert a photo once I purchase the buttons and attach them.

The finished project.





Now I am again knitting the scarf I started designing - Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Scarf. It is small and portable, which will make it easy to take and knit while I am gone next Monday through Wednesday. I still have the skirt to finish but it is not as portable. Well the notes aren't. Since I am still counting rows and working on the directions, I prefer to keep the notes close thus at home for now. I may carry this project with me once I pick it up again.

As you can see, one side is cabled and the other side is ribbed. Completely reversible.
Very simple to make. A quick project.
I loved this yarn, too.


I will be gone for a month starting in August and will be teaching some friends how to knit. I have the pattern and will buy the yarn tomorrow. It is a sweater dress knit from the top down. If knit according to the pattern there are no seams to finish. Top down and no finishing. My kind of pattern. Will keep notes about this one. May want to use the techniques in future pattern designs. I will be using this away time to also capture my ideas on paper if I can, too. That's it for now.

Update:  Finished my stay from home. I volunteered for a medical study. I did purchase yarn for the top-down dress but the student did not. So that yarn will be used for another project another time. I did take my skirt and made quite a bit of progress on it. I hope to finish it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment