Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 15, 2013

May 15, 2013

I have now started Section IV - Twist-Stitch Patterns. Twist-stitch patterns are related to cable patterns, in that their effects depend on moving stitches diagonally to the right or left. But twist-stitches usually move only one stitch over one stitch at a time, while cables can move larger numbers of stitches at once.



Square 25
Wave
This is a good-looking, easy and useful pattern for all kinds of garments, which also lends itself to panel formation when worked in a single repeat.


May 17, 2013
Square 26
Twisted Columns
This easy-to-work pattern makes a thick, cosy fabric for coats, jackets, pillows and blankets. The background stripes (Rows 1 and 2) may be worked in many different colors instead of one second color.

May 18, 2013
Square 27
Wickerwork
This easy pattern shows one of the pretty fabric textures that knit, purl and twist stitches can make.

May 19, 2013

Square 28
Twining Rib Pattern
The first 4 rows of this pattern, if repeated over and over, will make a typical Twisted or Baby Cable ribbing. Such ribs ay also be worked closer together, with only 2 or 3 purl stitches between them instead of 4.

While working this pattern I was thinking how nice it would look in a sweater. Ha, maybe a later design...maybe!

This finishes square 28. Only 35 squares left to knit. I'm not even half-way yet. I am doing my best to knit one block a day so I have all 63 blocks completed before the snow birds arrive in October.

This afternoon I will meet with The Knit Wits for their monthly meeting. I will continue knitting the scarf I started for the Mystery Project at The Spinster. I knit all morning getting Square 28 completed so I could change projects. I am really looking forward to seeing my three new friends again and meeting some new friends I haven't met yet.

After the meeting I plan to stop at Jo-Ann's Fabric & Crafts to purchase some fabric for the quilt planned for the Guild's summer project.

Gonna be busy this summer. Just as well - Steve is gone all summer, too, and I have lots of time left free to complete my projects without him needing me.

Back from the gathering of the Knit Wits. It was much fun to sit and knit while I visited with Karen, Leslie, and Pat. I also met Mary who helped started the group many years ago. Julie was there, too, but this was her last meeting because she is leaving in a couple weeks to move to Ohio where she will get married and start a new life. There was lots of sharing and I finished the scarf while I was there.

First Summer Mystery Project
at The Spinster in Kingman, AZ

After attending the meeting I stopped at JoAnn's Fabric & Crafts and purchased the material needed to make the twin-size quilt that we will be making during the next three workshops. I need to cut out the pieces before Thursday when we will start sewing them together at the first workshop. I chose some really bright and cheery fabrics. I hope they look okay when the quilt is finished. I chose a solid white for the background color. Here's hoping...




No comments:

Post a Comment