Friday, June 7, 2013

Vickie's Quilt Is Completed

June 7, 2013

Vickie's quilt is DONE, COMPLETE, FINISHED!!!

I started hemming the binding this morning at 9:00 and stitched the last knot at 3:00. After six hours of labor and I do have the aching neck/shoulder muscle to prove it; Vickie's quilt is now ready to be mailed. That will happen tomorrow hopefully. I will pack it up tonight and have it ready first thing in the morning.

I am hemming on the first side of the quilt. I started at the corner to my right. I'm half-way on that side. I have the quilt laid out on three tables I pushed together in our Craft Room. Makes it much easier to just move around the quilt while I complete each side. No bunching, pulling, wadding, and soiling. It is really convenient.

Three-fourths of the quilt binding has been hemmed. I am ready to start on the far left side of the quilt heading back to the first corner where I began. My shoulders are aching but I'm not gonna stop now.

Mitered Corner

I use hair clips to hold the binding in place. Much easier and quicker to move than pins.

Ta-daaaaa! The quilt is finished. Ready to be mailed. Ready to be received.

1 comment: