Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013

I actually started but didn't finish the next block in the Learn-to-Crochet Afghan yesterday. I still need to finish a couple rows and the edging. But Steve left for another bus tour this morning and I needed to do a lot of tasks yesterday to get him ready to go and then this morning I was needed to drive him to the bus terminal. So he is off driving another tour for a group from France and won't return until the 28th of this month.

After returning home, I did crochet a couple more rows on the block before it was time to leave to join with the KnitWits group to drive to The Spinster. We all started the Mystery Project, which is a pattern called the Amelia Earhart Aviators Cap. I have about 1/3 of it done already - an easy knit with short rows that don't require the picking up of the wrapped stitch.

Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap


We stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. I order the Chicken Pot Pie because Steve's dad had commented on how good it was. Wrong! It was tasteless. I will not order it again. But now I have tried it and know better.

I met a new friend with the KnitWits group - Marcia. She lives fairly close to me and loves to sew, quilt and knit. She and her husband own their own business where they embroider, sew professionally, and own a long-arm quilting machine. I look forward to becoming good friends with her. She is also a member of the quilting guild, so I will also see her there.

I am going to finish the block I am currently working on and then call it a night.

Block 9
Basketweave
In this block, the front post, or Relief Stitch, a technique that can be applied for a variety of effects was used. In the two-color Basketweave Stitch, the blocks were alternated with Post Stitches, which give a vertical appearance, with rows of Single Crochet, which have a distinct horizontal look. The juxtaposition created by changing color and stitches produces the basket weave effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment