Saturday, February 18, 2012

My First Contest Entry - I am Officially a Designer

I decided to name this project "Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Moebius Cowl". I know that is a mouthful but it best describes what I did.

I have now entered the project into my Ravelry posting and also became a listed designer with Ravelry. So much to  learn about the whole process, but at least my name D. Teresa Simmons is now listed and soon to be recognized as a designer there with this pattern. I will be entering other projects soon, but for right now, I am focusing on this contest.

Here are some photos of the finished Cowl.

Here is the Cowl laying flat. It is 8" X 48".
This shows a close-up of the cable and rib designs. Notice how the  rib is behind the cable and then appears to be in front as the twist of the piece demonstrates.
This is the way a Cowl is worn. I draped it around my neck twice and arranged the pattern such that only the cables show.


Here the Cowl is pulled up over the head and can be worn as a Hood.

Notice the cable is clearly seen separate from the rib even though they both share the same front/back space.


Here the Cowl is not wrapped around the neck but draped over the shoulders and worn as a Shawl or Wrap.

So there you have it. My first project for the contest entries using the Chadwick yarn.You can find this design posted on Ravelry under my name dteresasimmons. It is listed in my notebook tab under projects as Mobius - Knit Cowl. It is also listed at the top of the projects section under my original designs.

 I will be starting the second entry with the Willa yarn in red. It will have the same cable/rib design technique but I will arrange the pattern differently to display the yarn more adequately.

Hope you enjoyed this process with me. I know I enjoyed the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Honey! Wow, I am officially married to a DESIGNER! I've made the BIG league. I am once again SO proud of you, sweetheart. Keep up the momentum!

    ReplyDelete