Monday, October 8, 2012

October 7, 1992

Yesterday I didn't post anything because I was too busy knitting. Ha! But I made lots of progress. I needed to knit 7 1/2 inches plus the waistband casing for the panties before my class this Thursday. I finished the last 2 inches and have them ready for class. I also needed to prepare several hairpin lace panels for the class this Friday so the instructor can show me how to join the panels using different finishing techniques. My friend, Pat Finn, called and asked me to meet her at Tempe Yarn & Fiber to knit with her for a couple hours. I drove over there and crocheted four additional panels while chatting with her. After arriving home, I prepared some pears for dehydrating and then sat down to knit while watching old TV shows and a couple movies. Because I was so busy getting the other project ready for upcoming classes, I was behind on my knitting quota for the Fair Isle Pullover. I still needed to complete 3 rows for last Thursday, which I did. I still needed to knit the 5 rows for Friday, which I did. And I needed to knit the 5 rows for yesterday, which I completed 1 of those. So I am behind by 4 rows and still need to knit the 5 planned for today. That's good. I will attend church and then go to Knit Happens to participate in a charity knit making booties for newborns & preemies. After returning home, I can settle down and complete the additional 9 rows. Should I be unable to do that, Monday is a free day and I can catch up and hopefully knit ahead of my quota then. Here is the progress I have made thus far...



________________________________________________________________________

I went to Knit Happens in Scottsdale, which is the closest yarn shop to me, yesterday after lunch and got the charity knit pattern for preemie hats. I started the bootie pattern while there. The shop was busy but I decided to go home and sit comfortably rather than on the chair at the table there. And I was really wanting to finish the rows needed to be completed on the Fair Isle Pullover. 

Well, I completed all the required rows that I was delinquent in finishing and two of the five that I needed to do yesterday. That means I only have 7 rows to do tomorrow. That's fine because I have a clear calendar for tomorrow. I will do my best to finish today's last three rows, tomorrow's quota and then see how many rows I can knit ahead. That will really take a lot of pressure off of me.

________________________________________________________________________

This upcoming week is filled with lots of knitting activity, too.
  • Monday - open and free
  • Tuesday - My knitting group "Knotty But Nice" meets at Tempe Yarn & Fiber (Tempe). I purchased the Sasha pattern and some Louet linen yarn in some really scrumptious colors to make a skirt for myself.
  • Wednesday - My knitting group "The Needlers" meets at Jessica Knits & Crochets (Scottsdale). I will continue knitting the mittens from the kit I purchased from Knit Picks.
  • Thursday - My second of four classes at The Fiber Factory (Mesa) for knitting the unmentionables (panties) that I have knitted to the place where we will next begin.
  • Friday - My last class at The Fiber Factory (Mesa) for crocheting the hairpin lace. I have several panels ready for joining. I will try to crochet some panels for a scarf pattern I found before then if I can. That way the instructor can assist me before the class ends that day.
  • Saturday - open and free - a good day to catch up on everything.
  • Sunday - A KAL (knit along) at Knit Happens. I will be knitting a hat (Poppy Hat Pattern). I have the pattern but still need to choose the yarn I will use from my stash.
That's it for now. I'm off to bed. Good night!!!!


























No comments:

Post a Comment