Thursday, October 27, 2016

Another Design Finished

Well, I completed the Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other "Lace Scarf" today. I am pleased with the results. I used yarn overs with the cabled ribbing pattern and the scarf has a nice open airy, lacy look about it.

I made the scarf short and close to the neck by making it 8 1/2 inches wide. I didn't have a lot of yarn to use, so I combined two skeins of white with one skein of red. It actually came out just fine. I edged the ends with red single crochet stitches and that helped draw the red theme from end to end and not just stuck in the middle, like an after thought, which it really was. Giggle!

I had first thought to weave in ribbon through the yarn overs, but the ribbon does not lie flat when worn. So I next crocheted a long red chain and wove it through the white sections. I did like the contrasting color combinations, but saw that the red chains were too dominant and actually hid the ribbed cable pattern. So I pulled out the chains and left the lacy pattern as first designed.


So here is the final results being worn by me.




No comments:

Post a Comment