Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hello, hello, hello!

I haven't been to my blog for some time. I have been very busy designing patterns and working the details so I could post them for sale on my Ravelry store. ravelry.com/people/dteresasimmons

Since my blog is listed on my Ravelry site, I will again be posting different thoughts, ideas, and feelings, and whatever here again.

So join me on my journey. I look forward to sharing with you.



Here are some of the patterns I have been designing while absent on this blog. I developed each pattern using a cabled ribbing design that I created. Because of this design, I have chosen to name my patterns Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other because the patterns are all ribbed with cabling worked through the ribbing. This makes the patterns reversible - cables on one side, ribbing on the other. I have dabbled with cables on both sides, which works well, too. I have each one listed separately for sale in my Ravelry store. I am hoping to include them into a single ebook, too.

This is my Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Shawl. It is for sale in my Ravelry store.

I loved designing this pattern. And it was a delight to knit.

The yarn is 100% cotton, which makes it comfortable to wear, allowing for nice draping.

Fringe can be added as the edging. I opted to crochet the edging and added the crochet design instructions to the pattern.

Using a relaxed rib measurement, the shawl measures 40 inches from center of length to triangle apex. It is 84 inches along the longest edge. Each triangle edge measures 42 inches.






Cabled Hat with Ribbed Brim
Ribbed Hat with Cabled Brim



This pattern is Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Child's Hat.

Pattern fits 6 - 18 months.
This hat is reversible.
  • Cables on the outside with folded-up ribbed brim
  • Ribs on the outside with folded-up cabled brim
It is for sale in my Ravelry store.



This pattern is Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Adult Hat.

I used approximately 190 yards of a # 4 worsted weight stash yarn that I no longer remember anything about.
I used 2 circular needles but 4 DPNs work well, too. 
If choosing to use 1 circular needle, DPNs will be necessary to form the crown.
This hat is reversible. Can be worn with the cables on the outside or reversed to ribbing only.
Sizes reflect the following: 
Small = 18” relaxed rib; 38” stretched rib 
Medium = 19” relaxed rib; 40” stretched rib 
Large = 20” relaxed rib; 42” stretched rib
My sample (white hat) was knit to the Medium Size.
This pattern is for sale in my Ravelry store.


This pattern is Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Hats.







I used a variety of #4 worsted weight yarns to knit the samples in the various sizes. All the yarns worked to the same gauge, resulting in the same measurements for each head circumference.





Finished Head Circumferences: 

Preemie = 15” 
0-6 mos = 16 1/2” 
6-18 mos = 18 1/2 ” 
18 mo - 4 yrs = 20” 
4 yrs - Adult Small = 21 ” 
Adult Medium/Large = 23”


Hats are Reversible



Gauge: The swatch was 4” high by 6 1/2” wide, knitted in a K2, P2 ribbing stitch. There were 26 stitches and 20 rows in a 4”X 4” measurement. There were 6 stitches and 5 rows in a 1” X 1” measurement. The swatch measured 6 1/2” with a relaxed rib and measured 12” with a stretched rib.





This pattern is Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Mobius Cowl.


This can be worn as a cowl, shawl, or to cover the head also.




I decided to participate in a contest with a project of my own design. I wanted cables on one side of the piece and ribbing on the other side. I chose a mobius design hoping it would highlight both sides of the pattern. I choose a white yarn hoping to highlight the pattern.


How amazed I was with the finished piece. The pattern was not at all what I expected. Instead of a twisted scarf with a pattern on one side and a different pattern on the other, this mobius started from the center and worked the pattern out from each side. This caused the front and back to be reversed from top to bottom. So interesting. I really like it and am pleased with the results of my own design.
The pattern is finished, posted for sale and ready to be downloaded.



Okay now, it is time to add the matching leg and hand warmers. I knit them from the same yarn, which is a luscious cashmere and silk blend. This yarn is 30% cashmere and 70% silk. It feels Awesome!! It is dry cleaned or hand washed cold with NO bleach. I love how these feel on my legs and hands.


Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other
Leg Warmers
Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other
Hand Warmers




These are both reversible, however the cables are only on one side. They are seamless, knitted in the round.







These patterns are in my Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other collection. The patterns are available for sale in my store.


There is one pattern left to share and it is Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Scarf.



When I was beginning my design for the contest I entered, I wanted to try a simple pattern first before sending in my contest entry. This scarf is what I designed. It is ribbed on one side and the ribbing on the other side is cabled, making it reversible. It is very sleek and comfortable to wear. It can easily be lengthened, shortened and widened. I didn't enter this in the contest because the rules required that only one skein of their yarn be used in the project. This scarf required more than that. So I designed a hat instead using the pattern designed in this scarf. That pattern in above - Cable Me One Side - Rib Me The Other Child's Hat (red one).

I have other patterns that I have already designed. They are written down but I still need to input them into the computer, formatting them and including them in my Ravelry store. So I am going to leave sharing those with you until the above tasks are completed.














No comments:

Post a Comment