Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Into Sync

My thoughts are not so jumbled today. Now that I finally have the blog started and all the details of my first design project posted, I am feeling less anxiety. I spent the morning with a group of knitters in a yarn shop close to where I live. During that time I knit on the personal project (Eyelet Cardigan), which happens to be a sweater for me. The pattern is easy enough to knit while talking. I have knitted some patterns that require my eyes never leave the directions or I lose track of where I am and then spend more time tinking than kniting. Tink is "knit" spelled backwards, or in other words, undoing the knitting already done. I have finished the back of the sweater; so today I started the right front. I have already completed the ribbing and two 4-rows of the lace pattern.

Eyelet Cardigan
Since this afternoon is set aside for continuing to knit my first project. I returned home and put the sweater away and now it is time to continue knitting my design pattern - Twigs & Bobbles Shell. Did you like the photos I downloaded the other day? Are they clear enough for you to see the details? What about the directions? Are they easy enough to read and understand at this stage? Any insight you have is welcome. Those of you who are following this blog can click on your photo, or in the case of those with no photo yet, your non-photo and that will allow you to access the spot where you can add your comments.

Well, I am off to knit. Catch you again later this evening.

Didn't make as much progress as I would have liked. There were just too many interruptions. My husband, Steve, and I live in an apartment. The stove's thermostat control stopped working and the new part ordered. Well it was delivered today and the maintenance guy, John, brought it to be installed. John is a young man of 25 years. He and his wife have been married less than two years. He just was told that his wife is expecting their first child. He is so excited. I am, too. I have already decided what I will knit for the new little one - after I know the sex of the child. John left and then the apartment complex manager came to count the number of light-bulbs in the apartment. All the old light-bulbs are going to be exchanged for the new more efficient ones on the market. So with the front door swinging open and closed all afternoon , I didn't make the progress I was hoping on my Shell. But there really isn't much more to add anyway until I complete the 15" of the body of the Shell. So, I will keep on knitting...

Steve and I walked to Denny's for our dinner, so I don't have any kitchen cleanup to do. I will say goodnight to you and go sit next to my hubby, watch some TV or a movie and knit see how much progress I can make knitting on my current gift project.

No comments:

Post a Comment