Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meeting Other Designers

Today is Jeremiah's 7th birthday. He is my 9th grandchild and is the 5th grandson. Happy Birthday, Jeremiah. Gramma loves you!

Just received an email from Jessica Knits inviting me to a book signing they are sponsoring for a young Scottish designer named Ysolda Teague. I am going to that meeting and glean what information I can from her. It is exciting to me to realize how many opportunities I have to meet and interact with designers. I love this. I checked out her blog site. That link is ysolda.com

I have made great progress on the Shell today. I finished all the neck shaping and have a couple inches to finish the length before shaping the shoulders, which I think I will do after the Back is made. Here are the directions for what I did  today.

Neck Shaping:
Previously I explained that I was going to decrease 2 stitches at each neck edge 3 times. I want to make sure it is clear that these decreases are done at the neck edge only and not at the shoulder edge at all. Just making sure that is understood.

With that in mind, here is what the decreases look like.
ROW 147 - 1st 2-st decrease row.
Wrong Side:  [For decrease on the right side of neck] p to last 4 sts, p2tog twice. (32 sts)
                     [For decrease on the left side of neck] p2, pass 1st st over 2nd, p1, pass 1st st over 2nd, p
                     to end. (32 sts)

 ROW 148 - 2nd 2-st decrease row
 Right Side: [For decrease on the right side of neck] k to last 4 sts, k2tog twice. (30 sts)
                  [For decrease on the left side of neck] sl1, k1, psso, k1, pass 1st st over 2nd, k to end. (30 sts)

ROW 149 - 3rd 2-st decrease row: Rep row 147. (28 sts each side)

ROW 150 - 1st 1-st decrease row
Right Side only: [For decrease on right side of neck] k to last 2 sts, k2tog. (27 sts)
                         [For decrease on left side of neck] sl1, k1, psso, k to end. (27 sts)

ROWS 151, 153, 155, 157, 159, 161 - Purl.

ROWS 152, 154, 156, 158, 160, 162 - Rep row 150 until 21 sts remain on each side.(42 sts)

ROW 163: Continue in stockinette stitch until piece measures 24" from start.

That is it for now. I will catch up with you again later.

Teresa

















No comments:

Post a Comment