Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013

I finished the front of the fabric-strips sweater this morning. I now need to cut-out the skirt and sew it together to complete the outfit.






But first I want to finish the purses, since Vickie (my daughter) has her birthday tomorrow. I did order something on-line to arrive on her birthday so she has something to help celebrate her special day; but I just couldn't get the purse done quick enough. So for the rest of the afternoon I will be sewing the tubes together. So far I have 5 tubes completed - 9 yet to finish.

I finished sewing all the fabric/batting tubes for the purse body and the two for the handles. I have zig-zagged the remaining 12 tubes together. Tomorrow is the time set aside for quilting in the RV park so I will complete the other three purses up to this point then. I really like the combination of the colors from the jelly roll pack I just finished.


Now I will sit down for the rest of the evening, watch TV, and begin knitting the squares for the Learn-To-Knit Afghan project I hope to teach next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment