Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 3, 2013

I went yesterday and purchased some more fabric to make additional microwave reversible bowl holders, the project that the Quilting Guild did last Thursday. I liked it so well, I want to make several more to give as gifts. Steve really liked the holder and chose the fabric he wants me to make for my kitchen. I had a lot of the 100% cotton batting and thread leftover from the two I completed, so this will be a good way to use those.

Choices for gifts

Steve's Choice

I also got the fabric that will be used in this Thursday's project. It is another table runner but quite a different pattern. The pattern is called "Sunset Runner". It introduced me to "Jelly Rolls" and Charm Packs". Jelly Rolls are packages of pre-cut 2 1/2" strips. Charm Packs are packages of pre-cut 5" squares. Each package uses fabrics that blend well together.  I hope my choices work well together since I didn't exactly choose the same patterns in each package. The colors look compatible to me, but the proof will be with the finished project. <grin>




I also bought fabric to make Vickie and her girls purses. The pattern is a little more advanced than what I might be able to do but I'm going to try anyway. It is called Bailey Island Hobo from Aunties Two Patterns. It features batting stuffed fabric strips. <yikes> I will make the small one.



I'll post photos when I complete these projects. <fingers crossed>

I bought the remaining fabric needed to complete the backing for Bruce's quilt. I will prepare it tomorrow and then see about getting it to the quilter. Then I will need to prepare everything for Thursday's Guild class. <whew>

No comments:

Post a Comment