Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30, 2013

Hello! It is a gorgeous Spring day today. It is almost the end of the month and Easter is tomorrow. This year is flying past way too quickly. I know that my busyness is making it seem that way. I have finished so many projects since moving here to Bullhead City in November. But pretty soon the "snow birds" will be returning to their permanent homes for the summer and the activities here in the community will slow considerably. Our next door neighbor will be here all summer. Steve's parents will be, too. One of my quilter buddies will be here as well, so she and I may get together and continue working on projects we have already begun. That would be great because that would allow us to both start the next winter session without any pending projects. As to the knitting/crocheting, I can continue that without any problem no matter the heat or cold. Actually that will be very nice for "a stay in the house because of the heat" projects. I am currently knitting the 10th square of the Learn-to-Knit Afghan, but I still have 53 to go. Then I have all the squares to make for the Learn-to-Crochet Afghan when those are completed. So I will stay plenty busy. I have fabric for sewing some skirts and blouses for myself, too, that I could pull out and sew. Whew, maybe I won't be as project-free as I was supposing by the time the "snow birds" return.

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased the buttons for the birthday purses. I found several that I liked, but wasn't really impressed by then. Wal-Mart didn't have the magnetic snaps required for the purse closures either, which meant I needed to stop at JoAnn's Fabric & Crafts anyway. So on the way home, I stopped there. I found the cutest buttons that far more pleased me than the ones at Wal-Mart and they were on sale at 50% off. So I bought them and the snaps. This of course means returning the others to Wal-Mart and I really hate doing that. But I don't need those buttons, so I will return them at my next trip there. I need to pick up a prescription I left there today on Monday, so I will "kill two birds" at once.

Speaking of knitting...did you notice my ball of yarn earrings? I purchased those from Jessica Knits & Crochets in Scottsdale, AZ. I wanted something to commemorate all the Tuesdays I spent there with my knitting group. The yellow ball is so bright and I like the way it looks - very Spring-like.

I haven't found any earrings that represent quilting yet? But I am sure there are some somewhere. Maybe some cute little sewing machines, or a quilt that is finished. Who knows?

Knitting is still my first love for now. So those will need to wait.

Steve is gone to his father's place to help him with a project, so I am going to go sit with his mother and sew-on some buttons and snaps. See ya later!!!!

Purses are complete and ready to mail. All snaps and buttons attached. I had a little trouble with the snaps, requiring pliers to insert and attach. Those were not fun. Then the buttons were sewn on top of them to hide them and that was a major ordeal trying to get the thread through the buttons with a very hard snap underneath it. My fingers are complaining because of the pushing and prying, but I got the job done.

Notice the snap on the top inside.
Notice the button on the bottom outside
Notice the pockets with buttons on the inside.


Rachel's

Emma-Leigh's

Jenny's

Vickie's

1 comment: